Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Bicycling is a good exercise


Yes, bicycling is a good exercise. You can burn a lot of calories simply by bicycling for one hour. In my case, I ride on a bicycle every weekend because I work in the weekdays. It’s nice to do it because you are able to go wherever you want and exercise your body at the same time. If there is a bicycle club in your place, why not join? We actually need exercise especially if we work in the office. I checked the web and see a list of the amount of calories a person burns at various activities in one hour including bicycling. 

*Bicycling for one hour at 12 mph = 725 calories
*Running for one hour at 6 mph (10 min mile) = 908 calories
*Basketball game for one hour = 725 calories
*Rowing (Moderate) for one hour = 862 calories
*Jump Rope (Moderate) for one hour = 908 calories
*Aerobics (General) for one hour = 544 calories
*Weight Lifting (Moderate) for one hour = 275 calories

We have a bicycle at home and I will try to ride a bicycle more often. I will also buy my own bicycle like the ones in bike shop Temecula. There are different kinds and colors of bicycles to choose from.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/807088
                               http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-Bicycling-a-Good-Exercise-For-Burning-Calories?&id=807088

No comments:

Post a Comment