Search This Blog

Thursday 9 June 2011

Acidic Fruits and Vegetables




We often say that fruits and vegetables are good for the body because of the many benefits that we can get by eating them. I agree with that idea. That is the reason why I often eat fruits and vegetables. I even ask my mother to buy extra fruits for me so that I am able to bring some to our apartment in the city.  I also eat vegetables dishes and I even cook chopsuey, seven kinds (7 kinds of vegetables cooked with butter, milk and cornstarch), and local pinakbet from the Northern Philippines.
However, I health read a book that says some fruits and vegetables have to be taken moderately because they are acidic. As we know, too much acid in our body can lead to certain diseases like stomach ulcer, allergy and hyperacidity. Here is the list of some acidic fruits and vegetables:


Acidifying Fruits
  • Canned or Glazed Fruits
  • Blueberries
  • Cranberries
  • Currants
  • Plums
  • Prunes
Acidifying Vegetables
  • Corn
  • Lentils
  • Olives
  • Winter Squash

Now we already identified some acidic fruits and vegetables, I hope I somewhat tickle your awareness about eating them. Just eat moderately. We also have to be aware of acid-alkaline balance in our body. Alkaline is a good contradiction to acid. There are certain fruits that contain alkaline that we can eat. Also, in our modern times, we already have alkaline water machine that add alkaline to our potable water. It is perfect because it is like drinking ordinary water and yet contains alkaline. Cool.    




No comments:

Post a Comment